Modern Cities Of Indonesia

Posted by Srandil Mandala on Saturday, February 5, 2011

Modern Cities Of Indonesia

When I was still working in Jakarta, I lived somewhere 30 km away from the city center, where trees and greens were completely part of my surrounding. Everyday I had to drive trough two newly-developed modern town, Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD) and Bintaro Jaya. Both have turned itself into modern and self-sustained cities.
BSD City
BSD City
BSD Central Biz District Phase II
Bintaro CBD Phase I
Harvest City Phase I, 25 km south of Jakarta
Jakarta Garden City, East of Jakarta
There are some more ”independent” modern cities outside Jakarta which become new magnets for Indonesian youths to come and bet their lucks, namely Alam Sutera, Modernland, Pondok Indah, Kota Wisata, Kelapa Gading, etc. My only concern is that, maybe it’ll be much better if those many areas are integrated in one single area, and make a new metropolitan like Singapore, which may be Jakarta’s blood sister. Can Indonesia? Yes, it can. Soon.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment